Peter C. Cavelti, Author
Peter has several internationally published books and hundreds of published papers to his credit. His early writing centered on investment and socio-economic topics. In 1997, his critically acclaimed social study of colonialism, Tuiavii’s Way: A South Sea Chief’s Comments on Western Society, was published, followed by A Dangerous Remedy, a novel. He is currently working on a retrospective and another novel.
Peter was a Contributing Editor and columnist with The Money Letter, Personal Finance and Physicians Monthly, Market Report and Perspectives. His investment commentaries were widely quoted in the Canadian, UK and U.S. financial press.
Peter and his wife Caroline were married in 1987. Their daughter Melissa Cavelti and husband John Stout live in Toronto with their two daughters Alexandra and Abigail. Caroline’s and Peter’s younger daughter, Krista, died tragically in 2007; she left a son, then three year-old Cameron. The Cavelti family spends considerable time together—in Toronto, where they all live; at the family cottage in Georgian Bay; and in the Colorado mountains, where Peter, a former ski instructor, seeks out challenging terrain with his three grandchildren.
Interview with the author as featured on Amazon’s Peter C. Cavelti Author page.
Purchase Peter’s Books
- Tuiavii’s WayTuiavii’s Way – A South Sea Chief’s Comments on Western Society By Peter C. Cavelti “Before the two friends parted for the last time, Tuiavii had this to say: Your people thought they were bringing… Read More »Tuiavii’s Way
- A Dangerous RemedyBy Peter C. Cavelti The choice is yours – do you have the courage to leave me? The sardonic edge to David’s voice is the sound of Claudia’s nightmares. She’s falling head-long into a black… Read More »A Dangerous Remedy
- New Profits in Gold, Silver, Strategic MetalsThe Complete Investment Guide By Peter C. Cavelti New Profits in Gold, Silver & Strategic Metals.A comprehensive work on precious and non-ferrous metals, their history, markets and investment vehicles. Sections of this book have been… Read More »New Profits in Gold, Silver, Strategic Metals
- How To Invest In GoldBy Peter C. Cavelti This primer on gold is somewhat dated, but the various investment techniques are still valid. Published by McClelland & Stewart, Toronto, in 1979 and 1981. Published by Follett Publishing, Chicago, in… Read More »How To Invest In Gold
- Tuiavii’s Way: A South Sea Chief’s Comments on Western Society (1997, 1999, 2007 and 2020). Legacy Editions, Toronto; Crown English Reading/Sanseido Publishing, Tokyo.
- A Dangerous Remedy (2004). Legacy Editions, Toronto; screenplay by Laurie King-Smith (2005).
- New Profits in Gold, Silver, Strategic Metals: The Complete Investment Guide (1984). McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Gold, Silver, Strategic Metals: The Complete Investment Guide (1983). Maximus Press / McClelland and Stewart, Toronto.
- New Profits in Gold and the Precious and Strategic Metals Markets (1983). Hume Publishing Company, Toronto.
- How to Invest in Gold (1979, 1981) . Maximus Press / McClelland and Stewart, Toronto.
- How to Invest in Gold (1979) . Follett Publishing Company, Chicago.
- Perspectives: A Monthly Publication Benefiting Charity (1999 – 2006). Cavelti & Associates Ltd., Toronto.
- Quarterly Commentary (2006 – 2020). Cavelti & Associates Ltd., Toronto.