Peter C. Cavelti, Author
Peter has several internationally published books and hundreds of published papers to his credit. His early writing centered on investment and socio-economic topics. In 1997, his critically acclaimed social study of colonialism, Tuiavii’s Way: A South Sea Chief’s Comments on Western Society, was published, followed by A Dangerous Remedy, a novel. He is currently working on a retrospective and another novel.
Peter was a Contributing Editor and columnist with The Money Letter, Personal Finance and Physicians Monthly, Market Report and Perspectives. His investment commentaries were widely quoted in the Canadian, UK and U.S. financial press.
Peter and his wife Caroline spend considerable time with their family—in Toronto, where they all live; at the family cottage in Georgian Bay; and in the Colorado mountains, where Peter seeks out challenging terrain with his three grandchildren, Alexandra, Abigail and Cameron. See more of Peter’s images here.
Peter and Caroline are also passionate adventure travellers. They were members of the first Canadian expedition to the Kingdom of Mustang and have extensively trekked in the Himalayas, South East Asia and North Africa.
Interview with the author as featured on Amazon’s Peter C. Cavelti Author page.
Purchase Peter’s Books
- Tuiavii’s WayTuiavii’s Way – A South Sea Chief’s Comments on Western Society By Peter C. Cavelti “Before the two friends parted for the last time, Tuiavii had this to say: Your people thought they were bringing … Read more
- A Dangerous RemedyBy Peter C. Cavelti The choice is yours – do you have the courage to leave me? The sardonic edge to David’s voice is the sound of Claudia’s nightmares. She’s falling head-long into a black … Read more
- New Profits in Gold, Silver, Strategic MetalsThe Complete Investment Guide By Peter C. Cavelti New Profits in Gold, Silver & Strategic Metals.A comprehensive work on precious and non-ferrous metals, their history, markets and investment vehicles. Sections of this book have been … Read more
- How To Invest In GoldBy Peter C. Cavelti This primer on gold is somewhat dated, but the various investment techniques are still valid. Published by McClelland & Stewart, Toronto, in 1979 and 1981. Published by Follett Publishing, Chicago, in … Read more
- Tuiavii’s Way: A South Sea Chief’s Comments on Western Society (1997, 1999, 2007 and 2020). Published by Legacy Editions, Toronto and Crown English Reading/Sanseido Publishing, Tokyo
- A Dangerous Remedy (2004). Legacy Editions, Toronto; screenplay by Laurie King-Smith (2005).
- New Profits in Gold, Silver, Strategic Metals: The Complete Investment Guide (1984). McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Gold, Silver, Strategic Metals: The Complete Investment Guide (1983 and 1985). Published by McGraw Hill, New York and McClelland & Stewart, Toronto.
- New Profits in Gold and the Precious and Strategic Metals Markets (1983). Hume Publishing Company, Toronto.
- How to Invest in Gold (1979, 1981) . Maximus Press / McClelland and Stewart, Toronto.
- How to Invest in Gold (1979) . Follett Publishing Company, Chicago.
- Perspectives: A Monthly Publication Benefiting Charity (1999 – 2006). Cavelti & Associates Ltd., Toronto.
- Quarterly Commentary (2006 – 2020). Cavelti & Associates Ltd., Toronto.